Today, we will discuss which Discover card is best for students. Discover cards are an excellent option for those who want to earn cashback and rewards. When choosing a Discover card, you must decide what type of student you are.
- First, we have the Discover it® Miles card for students. This card is great for frugal shoppers since it delivers a flat 2% cashback rebate on all transactions.
- Additionally, you can earn Discover Cashback® rewards, which can be used to pay off your debt, purchase items, or withdraw cash.
- Next, we have the Discover it® Student loan card. This card offers 0% introductory rate on all purchases for up to 4 months, which is great for those looking to get a card without having to pay a lot of fees immediately.
- After the introductory period, the rate is 14.99% – 23.99% depending on your credit score. In addition, you can receive cashback rewards on your purchases and help with your student loans through the Discover Student Loan Center.
- To pay online, the Discover it® Chrome card. All Purchases and Balance Transfers made with this card are eligible for a 0% intro APR for the first 12 months. After that, the variable APR of 14.74%-23.74% will apply.
Here are major factors to consider when choosing a Discover card for students:
Most Discover cards offer great rewards, including cash back, Discover Student Loans, and more. It’s important to choose a card that offers the rewards, services, and features that fit your needs.
2. Free credit monitoring
Discover offers free credit monitoring, which is a great way to monitor your credit score and stay on top of your finances.
Read the fine print of each card carefully, since some may have better interest rates than others as some may have higher credit scores than others.
3. Access to freebies
Many Discover cards offer access to freebies, such as discounts at restaurants and stores or travel rewards.
4. Minimum spending requirements
Some Discover cards have minimum spending requirements, such as $1,000 in purchases each year.
5. Fees and APR
Some cards have lower fees and APR rates than others, which can be important if you’re looking for a low-cost option.
The Discover it® Miles card is an excellent choice if you’re trying to save money. A student loan card is a great option. And if you’re looking for the best APR, the Discover it® Chrome card is a great option.
Learn Information About A Good Credit Score For College Students